UKC

Blue Ice Warthog

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Pandora 27 May 2016
Hello there,

Does anyone know much about Blue Ice Warthog rucksacks? They seem to be very light, hard wear, no-nonsense kit. I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks!
 DaveHK 27 May 2016
In reply to Pandora:

I've got a 38l one and it is exactly what you say. I have found no real negatives for Scottish winter. There is a UKC review of it too.
 JayPee630 27 May 2016
In reply to Pandora:

They've just released a new range that look even better than the older ones.
 L.A. 27 May 2016
In reply to Pandora:
Only 8 left @ £60. Be quick !
http://www.needlesports.com/1882/products/blue-ice-warthog-38-litre.aspx
Post edited at 16:09
Pandora 27 May 2016
In reply to L.A.:

I was actually thinking about that one! Thanks for your tip!
 SFM 27 May 2016
In reply to Pandora:

Great rucksacks. The 28l one can feel narrow across the shoulders so worth checking. Otherwise hard to fault.
In reply to Pandora:
The Warthog 26l is a really great bit of kit. I used mine for 50+ days in Scotland this Winter. Excepting the more expensive Arc'teryx Aphla FL it is probably the best small mountaineering sac currently available.
 tjhare1 28 May 2016
In reply to Pandora:
I very nearly bought one last summer. The sticking point was the lack of side compression straps. Not critical, but if you're going to be using it for either things with bivis or for routes requiring big boots as well as rock shoes, this might present a problem - I'm a size 49 and once I've got my big boots inside the sac to climb rock I'm left with not that much room... Just some food for thought, but it might be irrelevant if it's going to be used for day routes. Even then though, I find that once I've got racked and roped up it's nice to be able to cinch the sac down. Besides that, they look the business!

EDIT: obviously talking about the 38L there...
Post edited at 09:51
 Sharp 29 May 2016
In reply to Pandora:

Well made bags, very basic and no frills. I have the red one for sale if you're interested, have emailed you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...