UKC

Frankenjura conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
tonytc 02 Jun 2016
Hi, has anyone been in Frankenjura over the last few days. I planned to visit tomorrow but the weather has been atrocious and I have heard reports of flooding. I was hoping someone might be able to advise what the conditions are like on the ground at the moment?

Many thanks,

Tony
cb294 02 Jun 2016
In reply to tonytc:

Flooding in Bavaria is more to the East and South, but it is quite wet and the weekend promises more thundery showers.
Probably not the best time to go,

CB
 AlanLittle 02 Jun 2016
In reply to tonytc:

I'm heading up there at the weekend, but more through cabin fever than because I realistically expect to get much done. I suspect bouldering in caves might be the only chance.

The weather pages on frankenjura.com (with google translate assistance if necessary) are your friend:

http://www.frankenjura.com/frankenjura/wetter/
 davis 02 Jun 2016
In reply to AlanLittle:

hey hoo.

Caves and in the forest might be the wettest, an open wall that is south west facing getting sun.
I was there 4 days ago and ..that is what i saw.
malcolmx 02 Jun 2016
In reply to tonytc:

Flooding is no problem, but as it has been raining a lot the last days, i doubt that you even find something for bouldering as the caves also get wet easily in this conditions. Best chance are probably south facing, non overhanging walls in case that the weekend gets sunny, which is probably not the case .
 AlanLittle 02 Jun 2016
In reply to davis:

Good point. Grüne Hölle for example gets awfully dank even if the rain isn't actually landing on the surface of the rock.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...