UKC

NEWS: Fri Night Vid: Benn Stoker and Pool Traverse

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 03 Jun 2016
Benn Stoker and Pool Traverse, 3 kbFor this week's FNV I've followed a link on a really interesting UKC Thread about climbing films. The video is a belter, and I enjoyed the balance of super-cheesey and genuine. And everyone loves a bit of Eye of the Tiger!

"Benn Stoker, an average climber who like all of us has a project they really want to crush! Well, Benn's project was Pool Traverse at Widdop, a tricky 6b that even after 2 years of utter failure, mega flappers and horrendous midge bites was still on his tick list! But then, by some miracle Benn began to show progress..."

Read more

Greasy Prusiks 03 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Cracking video! The eye of the tiger bit really made me laugh. Got some funny looks for shouting "go on son!" at my computer on his final attempt.
Removed User 03 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Simply love it.
In reply to UKC News:

Great wee real climbing film. Well done Benn!
 cheese@4p 03 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Nice one Ben
Thanks for the inspiration!

Ian L.
 Jamesmoly 03 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC News:

The UKC needs to keep putting more stuff like this up. It was a great watch!
 Maddie 03 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC News:

This is my most wanted local boulder too. Its so annoying! Probably fallen off it more than any other problem anywhere. So good though for basically 2 moves that get you about 1.5 metres off the ground! Nice one!
 Goucho 03 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant video that really made me smile - captures the essence of what real world climbing is all about.

More like this one please
 Shapeshifter 04 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Loved this video, would be great to see more like it. Like Greasy Prusiks even though I knew he was gonna get it, I was still shouting go on son don't mess it up now at the computer. Somehow more inspiring than the professional stuff.
 Chuckbhoy 05 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC News:

i rarely say this but TRULY INSPIRATIONAL.
I have rarely willed someone on like I did Ben.
more inspirational real world stuff like this needed...
Cheeeeaaaars!
 mallemaroke 05 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Refreshing to see a video of a climb that we might all aspire to, as opposed to endless videos of impossibly talented climbers hanging upside down on something a bog standard climber would find impossible.
 Steve nevers 06 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Much better to see than a bunch of people arguing about grades and climbs they can't do.

For some of us climbing is great as its a 'sport' about personal gains and achievements rather then a bizarre hero-worship of the top end performers.. ..Granted they are some very talented climbers out there but I personally don't identify with them.. .. this kind of film shows the side of climbing i'm in love with, not arguments about 'it is 8c or 9a?'
 Kenty 24 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Fantastic video, really captures for me the essence of great climbing, the fun, the challenge, the laughs and the easy going friendly nature of most people. Not only that, it's inspirational for real world, normal climbers.

More like this please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...