UKC

Headbanger at St. Bees

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JLS 08 Jun 2016
Headbanger (f?)

Am I correct in thinking this problem has recently been partially buried by rock fall?
It looked like it had been the other day but I couldn't tell if the rocks had fallen recently or this dated back a number of years. Seems like people are still ticking the problem but I suspect it's no-longer the classic it was reputed to be.
 MTL 08 Jun 2016
In reply to JLS:

Looked the same as one of the pictures on here (dated from 2009) when I was there about a month ago. The crux was not dabbing on the first move!
OP JLS 08 Jun 2016
In reply to MTL:

Cheers, yeah I checked some videos. Looks like it's been that way for a while at least. Just looked a little diffrent in the Rockfax guide. I maybe just imagined a three star classic would have a better landing...

John Kettle 10 Jun 2016
In reply to JLS:
Always been that lowball unfortunately. One hard move into the jug and much easier stand-up moves. The RH jug rail has slowly deteriorated, I've notice 3 large bits of it have gone since 2005. The landing used to be even worse, hence the name! There are many superior problems there, mostly found (free to download) on Lakesbloc, which is much more up-to-date than the rockfax.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...