UKC

Parking a rental car overnight in Chamonix while in mountains?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BobHoliday 22 Jun 2016
As per the subject - are there relatively secure places to do this or will we really need to be looking at leaving the car in a campsite?

Our plans are mostly for multiple days in the mountains with brief returns to the valley. But we could do with a vehicle in order to stash kit not taken on the routes (I need to take a laptop with me).

TY!
 rossn 22 Jun 2016
In reply to BobHoliday:

There is a big car park under the cables of the Midi cable car 10 Euros for 24 hours or you can park in various smaller car parks or on the street. I personally haven't heard anyone having a problem with car safety.

RN
 Nemo9 25 Jun 2016
In reply to BobHoliday:
Hi, just back from Chamonix and was in same situation. There is a large free car park on the right hand side of the road just before you cross the Montenvers rail track as you head into Chamonix . It seems to fill up quite quickly but there is more parking at Les Planards which is next to it . Is about a 10 min walk to the Midi cable car. I downloaded a map from Chamonix.net which shows all parking and various tariffs ..http://www.chamonix.net/sites/default/files/Attachments/chamonix_stationnem...
Post edited at 00:42
 Rick Graham 25 Jun 2016
In reply to Nemo9:

Zone Blanche = free parking.

Common sense from the Cham powers that be,

I might just forward this to Cumbria Tourist Board and the National Trust

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...