UKC

TdF Quintana?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fredt 22 Jun 2016

I need to pick my man for the Tour de France.

Lost the will to live following nodder Froome, now convinced he is an android.
Contador I'll never forgive.
Nibali has won it once, and anyway he's in Astana, as is Aru
Porte is Australian.
van Garderen is American.

Which leaves me with Quintana, who seems like a jolly nice chap. Can I safely shout for him with a) a reasonable chance of success, and b) no skeletons to bite my bum?
Post edited at 13:21
In reply to Fredt:

I like Quintana, seems like a really nice bloke but being the best in Columbia raises a few doubts for me.

http://cyclingtips.com/2015/10/death-threats-doping-and-disillusion-the-tro...
 Chris the Tall 22 Jun 2016
In reply to Fredt:

The BBC have reported the announcement that Froome is leading team sky as if it's a surprise

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/36596684

Very strong team on paper, but both Landa and Thomas have had their problems this year so might not be a good as expected. Then again with climbers like Henao and Nieve and machines like Kryienka and Stannard (and a monument winner like Poels, and a spare welshman in case the first breaks down), it is a very, very strong team.

Astana will be interesting to watch - will Nibbles really support Aru ? And stick with him if he has a bad day ? Likewise BMC. Reckon it could be a good year for the French, with Bardet and Barguil up there.

But Froome, Quintana, Contador is my prediction

As for Quintana having no skeletons in the closet - well his birth certificate must be a forgery for a start, he's more like 46 than 26
 IMA 22 Jun 2016
In reply to Fredt:

If he can stay within a minute or two by the high alps then I see no reason why not. Course looks like it is for Bertie, but I can't get past Froome given the team nature of Sky in comparison to the others.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...