UKC

New climber

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Alex Conway 22 Jun 2016
Hello all,
Been climbing a little while only a relatively basic climbs and single pitch only. Wanting to tag along with someone if possible to learn more and become a better climber. Based around Oxford/London kind of way but can travel.
Hope some of you lovely people can help. Be greatly appreciated.

Please email me will reply as promptly as possible.

Thanks all,

Ale.
Alex Conway 22 Jun 2016
In reply to Alex Conway: Didn't appear my email is alex.conway30@gmail.com thanks

Alex.

Babika 22 Jun 2016
In reply to Alex Conway:

Try clubs!

UKC single partners are great (I've climbed with a few) but a whole club to share travel, meet down the wall, push your grades with different people etc gives a greater richness to the climbing experience, especially when you're new.

There's a perception that clubs are cliquey or old but ours (London based) has around 100 members from 20 to 70 and covers all disciplines that you could imagine - ice, bouldering, trad, sport etc

Alex Conway 22 Jun 2016
In reply to Babika:

That's great thanks for that! What's your club called? Any good places to climb outide round London Surrey kind of way?

Thanks Alex.
 Babika 22 Jun 2016
In reply to Alex Conway:

Surbiton and Kingston MC (SAKMC)
Train at White Spider several nights a week - but that may be too far away for you. Meets every other weekend around the country - check out our FB and club site.

However there may be many Clubs closer to Oxford if that's where you are? Try a google search?

In reply to Alex Conway:

There's also the Thames Valley Climbing Club, which meets socially in Teddington. When I was in it decades ago we went quite regularly to the south-east sandstone outcrops around Tunbridge Wells (top-roping, but really excellent technical training in a lovely setting. Good scene too. Harrisons is owned by BMC and is very well looked after).
Alex Conway 22 Jun 2016
In reply,

Thanks for the advice. Certainly a good starting point! Thanks again.

Alex.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...