UKC

REVIEW: Sea to Summit Collapsible Cookware

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 23 Jun 2016
Sea to Summit cookware montage , 4 kbDan Bailey reviews a range of pots, pans, kettles and crockery that fold flat for easy packing.

Read more
 marsbar 23 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

I'm shocked. I always take a frying pan
 zimpara 23 Jun 2016

Do they do a sea to summit dog bowl for the sea cliffs?
 Derek Ryden 23 Jun 2016

As long as you pack stuff inside it, the space inside a rigid mug or pan isn't lost, plus, you can pack fragile things inside them for protection. So to me the whole concept is a bit dubious, unless you're cooking for loads of people (in which case you could usually split the load anyway!).

I wonder if a windscreen will melt or brittle the rubber on the sides of the pot and kettle?
 Only a hill 23 Jun 2016
In reply to Derek Ryden:

I've used the collapsible mug for about a year, and it is genuinely great. I fold it flat and pack it inside my saucepan along with my stove setup. It does actually save a significant amount of space (although I have no experience of the other items).
 Dark-Cloud 23 Jun 2016
In reply to Sir Stefan:

Been using the Outwell kettle (same construction as these) in the campervan for a few years now, great space saver, no issues.....
 simes303 24 Jun 2016

One pan, one pot, one kettle, £110???

Unbelievable.
 SenzuBean 24 Jun 2016

I'm currently using a fozzil bowl - super light (probably as light as you're going to get without using a paper plate), easy to clean, and easy to pack away. Only downside is that they're not tough as nails - but that could be just because I was being rough with it.
 jsmcfarland 25 Jun 2016

Say it with me people:

"Endocrine disruptors!"

wilkesley 25 Jun 2016
In reply to Only a hill:

Quite agree. The mugs are very convenient and as you say fit inside my pan. My mugs are at least two years old and in winter time get used almost daily.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...