UKC

Bouldering at Fairy Steps - local access information required

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kipper12 27 Jun 2016
I am planning a bouldering outing to fairy steps, but note that there may be access issues. Is anyone able to let me what the current situation is. Ive checked the BMC access information and I am not clear what access is permitted.

thanks
In reply to kipper12:

I climbed there with some kids no problem a couple of weeks ago, and was unaware of any access issue. Parked near the farm at Hazelslack
 net 27 Jun 2016
In reply to kipper12:

As last I heard, The Dallam Estate, the landowner, want to restrict access for climbing to the section around the steps. They don't want to negotiate on this position with the BMC and therefore I believe the BMC's stance at the moment is that there is no access agreement.

In practice, if you keep a low profile and avoid the far lower left area near the pheasant pens (Shucks Lair etc, possibly Axiom buttress?) you are unlikely to have an issue.
 Lankyman 27 Jun 2016
In reply to kipper12:

I was there recently checking topos for the new Lancs guide and met no-one on the Lower Tier where access is currently most at issue. As stated, if you keep your head down and don't bother the pheasants you'll not have a problem apart from the problems.
OP kipper12 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Lankyman:

Thanks all

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...