UKC

Any other "early music " fans here?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Big Ger 29 Jun 2016
I just got lucky. I got pre-sale tickets for the Tallis Scholars when they play here, front row seats!

Also seeing the Choir of Trinity College Cambridge when they play in August.

Last year we got "The 16: Harry Christophers", "I Fagiolini", and "Choir of Kings College Cambridge"
 winhill 29 Jun 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Have you seen Queens of the Stone Age?
Rigid Raider 29 Jun 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

The Sixteen are touring soon, I'm going to see them here at Blackburn Cathedral.
 steveriley 29 Jun 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Not really, but partial to some Gregorian Chant. Arvo Part is quite 'Early' in outlook for someone still with us?
Removed User 29 Jun 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

My partners late departed dad was a big fan. There was always early music in his flat and later at his room in the care home. Even the younger members of staf got to like it. Music is big in her family. Her Grandfather, Hubert Bath was composer who wrote many film scores. Yet his most famous peice is 'Out of the Blue' written for the RAF but is the opening music for Radio 5's Sport Report every Saturday at 5pm. We always sing along.
OP Big Ger 29 Jun 2016
In reply to winhill:

> Have you seen Queens of the Stone Age?

Can't say I have.
OP Big Ger 29 Jun 2016
In reply to Rigid Raider:

Oh crikey, I'd have loved to see them in a cathedral gig, they played our local music school here.
OP Big Ger 29 Jun 2016
In reply to steveriley:

> Not really, but partial to some Gregorian Chant. Arvo Part is quite 'Early' in outlook for someone still with us?

Yep, I saw an AMAZING Pärt concert at that odd shaped building on Sydney harbour.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...