UKC

What doe a mountain think?(video)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dagan 02 Jul 2016
Hi Guys, I'm an Israeli film maker living in China, I'm not a mountaineer, though fascinated by this concept and the psychology behind it.

In this play which is called "Mountaineering" there are 2 lead actors: The Man, and The Mountain.
We hear allot what the man has to say, but what about the mountain? this is what I tried to answer in this video. Some friends of mine who are mountain climbers had very opposite reactions to it, some loved it, some really didn't.
Would be curious to hear your thoughts.

vimeo.com/172360779
 eltankos 03 Jul 2016
In reply to Dagan:

Very cool video, thanks for posting.
 Fraser 03 Jul 2016
In reply to Dagan:

Excellent. I really enjoyed that, thanks.
 Phil Anderson 03 Jul 2016
In reply to Dagan:

I liked it a great deal. Always good to keep a sense of perspective.
 markAut 03 Jul 2016
In reply to Dagan:

That's wonderful thing about nature, it's not malicious, it simply doesn't care.

Great film.
In reply to Dagan:
Hi there - you asked for views and here are mine - I hope you take them in the light of constructive criticism.
I too have difficulty with the term 'conquer' and at its root is the anthropomorphism of mountains. I like the fact that you decry the term in the film but you do not challenge the principle.
Generally I accept literary allusions to things such as mountains moods which for me interpret a meaning of weather, conditions etc., but to extend that into a mountain conversing using the first person stretches my perspective too much - I don't like it. Mountains are not people and don't talk.

When people climb mountains they overcome the difficulties posed by the physical nature of the climb, the environment, their physiology and their own psyche to get to the top. The mountain is the stage & scenery for the drama not an actor. On this point I would differ with your approach to this topic.
As a final point I thank you for a thought provoking piece of work.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...