UKC

Camping/Pub in Borrowdale

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
barrow_matt 04 Jul 2016
I'm planning a 2 day walk across the Lakes camping overnight in Borrowdale. Where would people recommend for camping close to a pub that does good food?

Although I live in South Cumbria I haven't been to this area before.
 Pedro50 04 Jul 2016
In reply to barrow_matt:

There's a pleasant farm camp site about 1K south of the Scafell Hotel Rosthwaite. It's on the main road can't remember the name. The bar at the side of the hotel does excellent food. The camp site had 50p in the slot showers when I was last there.
 thedatastream 04 Jul 2016
In reply to barrow_matt:

Pedro is probably thinking of this one - http://www.chapelhousefarmcampsite.co.uk/

Good, basic, friendly campsite. Stayed there last year with the kids, it was good.
 graeme jackson 04 Jul 2016
In reply to barrow_matt:

There's also the Stonethwaite campsite, less than a kick in the arse away from the Langstrath Inn
 Calvi 04 Jul 2016
In reply to barrow_matt:

There is also Seatoller campsite as well, stayed there a few weeks ago, highly recommended.
barrow_matt 07 Jul 2016
In reply to thedatastream:

I'm camped tonight at Chapel House, excellent facilities, I needed a shower after today's walk. Ate at the Riverside Bar at Scafell Hotel, very nice, and now using the WiFi at Langstrath!

Thanks all.
 Glyno 08 Jul 2016
In reply to barrow_matt:

If it were me I'd camp at Borrowdale YHA (Rosthwaite). It has a licenced bar, serves food, has self-catering facilities and showers, drying room etc.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...