UKC

COMPETITION: Joe Brown 50th Anniversary Competition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 04 Jul 2016
Joe Brown Anniversary Competition Montage, 3 kbTo celebrate our unique heritage The Joe Brown shops have teamed up with our good friends at DMM and UK Climbing to give away 50 x DMM Golden Golden Torque nuts. But these are not just any nuts, oh no, each nut is individually etched with "Joe Brown 50 years" making them a limited edition and offering you the chance to own a little piece of climbing history.

Read more
 Rick Graham 04 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC Articles:

Really nice touch of an idea.

Shame nobody has thought to walk up to

White Ghyll
Dove Crag
Castle Rock
Carn Dearg Buttress
Bosigran
Blatiere
Pic sans Nom
Lost World
Mustagh Tower
Kangchenjunga ?
 Michael Hood 05 Jul 2016
In reply to Rick Graham:

> Really nice touch of an idea.

> Shame nobody has thought to walk up to
> Lost World
> Mustagh Tower
> Kangchenjunga ?

Maybe leave those ones at the bottom rather than the top
Joe Brown Shops 2 05 Jul 2016
Actually - Kanchenjunga was a serious contender.........but we decided to use this comp to concentrate on Joe's cragging achievements. Keep your eyes peeled in the autumn for something to celebrate his mountaineering........ (you heard it here first!)

wilkie14c 05 Jul 2016
In reply to Joe Brown Shops 2:

You've really stirred up the crag swag pot now!!!

Really nice idea, well done
 DeanD 08 Jul 2016

Im so excited
In reply to DeanD:

I'm glad to see so many of the Peak ones have been found. I went to some lengths to really hide them all, or should I say - all the ones I've put in so far? There's still a few more to go out in the more far flung locations.
 Babika 18 Jul 2016
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Eh? The competition says 1-14 August?

I didn't think it had started yet, never mind finished!
In reply to Babika:

Oops, that should have read the 1st JULY - thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Clues have been going out on the Joe Browns Facebook + Twitter feed over the past few weeks, so keep an eye on that for further info as to where you can find them (and what's been found).
 GHawksworth 18 Jul 2016

are there still many to be found? I too thought it was august...
 Hat Dude 04 Aug 2016

Some people have now resorted to cheating by using trained dogs to find these nuts!!!
In reply to Hat Dude:

I am blown away that someone got that Ramshaw one within 24, maybe even 48hrs of me putting it there.

If it was the dog, it'd have had to have climbed VS to get it, as I managed to throw it up onto the ledge before the actual crack starts - it wasn't even at the base!! Either way, if it wasn't the dog I'm still impressed at the levels of dedication out there...

Well done to all involved!
 jon leek 07 Aug 2016

It was bloody slippery getting onto that ledge in the rain! Brightened up a wet day

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...