UKC

Dream MTB

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lurking Dave 08 Jul 2016
Our good MTBs were stolen. Pivot Mach 4 and Mach 5.7

Insurance company has come through we now have a fairly significant pile of cash that has to be spent on bikes... so we are looking at Santa Cruz Tall Boy, Yeti ARSc, Trek Top Fuel, Specialized Epic Expert...

Anyone have any thoughts on the above, or other considerations?

For context, the bikes will be built up with Shimano 1x11, XT/XTR.

We ride trails, a few races (6 hr) each year. We are both light (well light ish) so not too worried about fine frames.

Cheers
LD

MJAngry 08 Jul 2016
In reply to Lurking Dave:
https://www.yt-industries.com/en/products/bikes/enduro/553/capra-cf-pro-race?c=92

I have the AL, its awesome. It was also an absolute bargain at £2K for top spec rockshox front and rear, stealth reverb, X1-11 sram etc.
Post edited at 14:36
 MonkeyPuzzle 08 Jul 2016

If I had the cash or the skill to justify it, I'd have an Evil Insurgent.

More realistically, I could save for a long while and stump for a Whyte T-130 SCR.
 LastBoyScout 08 Jul 2016

Always wanted a Trek Fuel EX 9.8.

Friend of mine has (certainly had, anyway) a Top Fuel and loved it, but I'd go for the EX over that, as slightly longer travel - 5" -v- 4" - and I already have a 4" travel hard tail.

Other than that, there was a Ghost I really liked and got great reviews, but I can't remember the model.
I have a a Santa Cruz Blur LT2 and love the way SC bikes ride. Would get a Bronson if I had the cash.
OP Lurking Dave 12 Jul 2016
All:

Thanks all - sadly a few of the bikes you mentioned are not available in Australia... but I've settled on the Yeti ASRc, looks super light and really well spec'ed build kit.

Very happy. Although must not crash, must not crash....
Cheers
LD

Rigid Raider 12 Jul 2016

Were the bikes stolen from your home? I hope the thieves don't wait for you to replace them then come back again.
OP Lurking Dave 12 Jul 2016
In reply to Rigid Raider:

Thanks - yes the police have been very strong on that point. They will be living on 10th floor balcony...

Cheers
LD
 jethro kiernan 12 Jul 2016

And you post that on a climbing website

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...