UKC

Help with Mountaineering Boots!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Shiv87 10 Jul 2016

Hiya everyone

I'm a very inexperienced climber but I have a goal to climb Kilimanjaro next year can anyone recommend somewhere to get a decent pair of hiking boots for this trip? I've looked at a few sites to try and get an idea of what I should be looking for but I'm getting all kerfuffled! Also any particular brands I can 100% trust? Price is generally not an issue I'm willing to pay if it means I get a good pair Oh and I'm living in Wales (right next door to Cardiff) if anyone knows of any trustworthy shops down this way to suggest
Post edited at 19:36
 Adam_Turner 10 Jul 2016
In reply to Shiv87:

Hi, pop down to your local Cotswold Outdoor. I think there's one in Cardiff? They'll fit you a pair of boots and give you plenty of advice!

Enjoy Kilimanjaro, it's a long walk but a nice mountain in a wonderful part of the world.

AT.
 Welsh Kate 10 Jul 2016
In reply to Shiv87:

There's Cotswold in the city centre, and Up and Under on Cowbridge Road East. The staff in Up and Under will spend ages with you making sure you get the right fit - and you might get a mug of tea as they do!

Go to one (or both) of these rather than Go Outdoors, where the advice you get may be excellent, or not.
Removed User 10 Jul 2016
In reply to Shiv87:

Good advice so far, while I do not know Cardiff, I have used Up and Under via mail order and Cotswold elsewhere. B0 boots will be fine for Kili. I personally prefer leather to leather/fabric as leather boots are more hard wearing. In my experience the stitching is more likely to go in leather / fabric boots. A tip for Kili, take a nail brush, very useful for cleaning your boots. Choose your boots by what fits your feet best, not the name or model. Buy soon to get them well worn in. Enjoy Kili, if you want more information about Kili, please email me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...