UKC

Llanberis climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jandwilson 10 Jul 2016
I'm heading to to Llanberis in a few days and was wondering about what kind of trad gear would be advisable to take? Would a fair amount of routes be climbable with a set of hexes and some slings, or would we need some nuts too? Also is there much sport climbing?
Thanks!
 spenser 10 Jul 2016
In reply to TheBigFactHunt:

Plenty of good sport climbing on the limestone and slate, although with the slate it is worth pointing out that bolted slate =/= sport climbing.
You would definitely want a set of wires as well as Hexes for the trad in the area, much the same as the gear in the lakes if you have climbed there before.
 zimpara 11 Jul 2016

You could easily get away with the diffs and vdiffs on tryfan with hexes and slings.

With that said, get a guidebook. Or you wont find the climbs, and it'll give you an idea on rock type and gear suggestions
 olddirtydoggy 11 Jul 2016

I'd take a standard basic rack. I'd hate to get part way up and have to downclimb. Nuts, slings, hexes, belay, nut key, prussiks and screwgates.
 Lord_ash2000 11 Jul 2016

A set of wires 1-10 and a couple of hexes will see you through most stuff, after that look at mid sized cams and maybe some micro wires.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...