UKC

Innerdalstarnet solo, good idea? Want to team up if not?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Red Rover 11 Jul 2016
Innerdalstaarnet

I've got a few days to kill in trondheim and I was wondering if anybody knew much about the normal route up the Innerdalstarnet. It gets a grade 2 in the guide but I dont really know what all the norwegian grades mean, I'm guessing 2 is about mod? For comparison, with partners I've done the south ridge of bispen, which I could have solo'd apart from the crux 20 foot wall, the north wall of stetind which I found steady, via lara which was easy, and the normal route on stetind which was OK. How does Innerdalstarnet compare to these?

I know I can solo any amount of Mod but what's the route finding like, how committing is it, and how is the descent etc. Not too worried about finding it hard and retreating just dont want to waste time and petrol.

If you're in the area and without a partner I'd be happy to team up!

Cheers

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/29619448.jpg
 hillman 12 Jul 2016
In reply to Red Rover:

The normal route to the top of Innerdaltårnet is easy for a climber. Most days in the summer non-climbers walk / scramble this route.
The route is easy to the col, where you turn left and the scrambling starts. Under normal conditions it never difficult or exposed. If it gets wet, some parts are slippery and even if it not exposed you have the potensial of some nasty falls.
Be aware that it will be long day and a long walk. From the parking to to Innerdalshytta, 5 km. And across the valley and up to the mountain. A total of 1250 meters of height elevation.
OP Red Rover 12 Jul 2016
In reply to hillman:

OK thanks, that sounds fine. All I had was a sketch and a few words google translated from norwegian, sounds like its worth the drive.
 JuneBob 12 Jul 2016
In reply to Red Rover:
I've done the normal route of Stetind and Innerdalstarnet, and Innerdalstarnet was significantly easier. Stetind normal route is usually done roped up, with some climbing skill being useful. Innerdalstarnet on the other hand is done by families with kids who have never climbed before. Route finding is fairly straightforward. Nevertheless, a slip in the wrong place would be bad. The trail is signposted where it matters.

Reference my strava if you like: https://www.strava.com/activities/621214114

It took us about 6hrs at a leisurely pace from the huts. I would recommend staying at Gammelhytta or one of the others as it's very nice. The private hut there sells beer too.
Post edited at 15:16
OP Red Rover 12 Jul 2016
In reply to JuneBob:

Thanks a lot! Seems like I was over-estimating it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...