UKC

Peak District - scramble/walk/hike as good as Kinder?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elliot.baker 16 Jul 2016
I'm going for a walk tomorrow and at the moment it's going to be Edale > Grindsbrook Clough > take the right fork and scramble up that bit > walk around Kinder plateau a bit to the waterfall and then back the same way probably.

I always do this walk and I would love some variety but I just don't know where something as hilly/scrambly/pretty(i.e. waterfall etc.) is in the peak district.

Can anyone give me some suggestions? I'd be wanting around 10 miles or so and would love some nice scrambling and or water to be around.

Many thanks
 Oujmik 16 Jul 2016
In reply to elliot.baker:

You can go up Crowden Clough instead of Grindsbrook. More of a variation than an alternative though.
OP elliot.baker 17 Jul 2016
In the end I went up grinds Brook then back down the hill to the left of it and then back up Crowden clough, over the plateau to the downfall then straight back around via the path. I think it was about 12 miles with 820m ascent according to the gpx file, so a good quite long day!
 Mal Grey 17 Jul 2016

Try Blackden or Fairbrook from the Snake Pass road another time, lovely, again the stream beds give scrambling options. Combine it with a trip along the edge, or a navigation exercise to the downfall, for a great day out.
altirando 18 Jul 2016

The circuit of the Kinder edges from Edale is a superb walk, but about 16 miles. The circuit of Edale clockwise is another great walk, Lose Hill/ Wyn Hill If you want water, park under the main reservoir dam , walk along the west moorland ridge to the far end of the valley, return along the east side of the reservoir, water level..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...