UKC

NEWS: Divided Britain, E7 6c: New Route on Gogarth by James McHaffie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 21 Jul 2016
Dan McManus finding knee bars on Divided Britain, E7 6c. , 3 kbJames McHaffie has added to his impressive string of new ascents this year with a new route on the famously big, bold and adventurous Gogarth South Stack. The route, which he and Dan McManus put up last weekend in the esoteric One Stack Zawn is called Divided Britain. 'The name seemed appropriate!' said James. He has given it E7 6c.

Read more
 galpinos 21 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC News:

The route's called Divided Britain but the thread title says Divided Years. I think that routes somewhere else......
 1poundSOCKS 21 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC News:
The title 'Divided Years' is confusing me?

Changed already.
Post edited at 14:08
 Fraser 21 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC News:

That looks pretty meaty! Seems to be a surprising amount of gear placements available, judging by that first photo.
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Sorted now, think whoever typed it must have been on hard route auto-correct!
 1poundSOCKS 21 Jul 2016
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

> Sorted now, think whoever typed it must have been on hard route auto-correct!

I like the route name, the corrected one anyway. Always fun to look at the year of first ascent and try to spot the relevance.
 Will Hunt 22 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Bejaysus. Look at the pre-placed kit in the last few metres! Are we to assume that each piece is toss to see so much placed?
In reply to Will Hunt:

Its probably safe to assume that the rock will be a little funky owing to the fact that it is at South Stack. Probably the reason for the amount of cams.
 trys 22 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent work!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...