UKC

NEWS: Monkey wedding, Font 8C by Nalle Hukkataival

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 26 Jul 2016
Nalle Hukkataival on Monkey wedding, ~8C, Rocklands, SA, 4 kbNalle Hukkataival has also repeated Fred Nicole's Monkey wedding, ~8C, in Rocklands, South Africa. This was the 8th ascent of the problem.

Yesterday was a good day as I finished Fred Nicole's legendary Monkey Wedding (V15). A boulder that I had tried and got close to doing already many years...

Read more
DanGreb 26 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC News:

7th ascent.
 La benya 26 Jul 2016
In reply to DanGreb:

Nalle said 8th, previous news item says 7th for the Russian guy in the title, but sixth in the article. the list of names is now only seven deep, but i'm assuming Nalle knows his history and there is just one that has slipped everyone's mind
DanGreb 26 Jul 2016
In reply to mark_wellin:

Possibly. I'd sure like to know who that is. On the other hand, it could just be a simple mistake. Maybe Bjorn can oblige?
 stp 26 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Don't understand why the big news here is the 8th ascent of a relatively old problem rather than the second ascent and suggested downgrade of Paul Robinson's recent problem The Dragon's Guardian, which took Robinson a considerable time to do.

Am I missing something?
 alx 27 Jul 2016
In reply to stp:

8C/+ is still the current state of the art, 8B is not, Nalle repeat of both climbs are more about context of the climb and Nalle's place as one of the best boulderers in the world.

This is by no means to denigrate either reports or the climbers efforts, that type difficulty is mind boggling.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...