UKC

How do you organise yourself?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MischaHY 28 Jul 2016
How do you organise climbing into your life? Are you structured and motivated, or sleepy and haphazard? I think I'm a little bit of both...

I've written a few thoughts about it on my blog, alongside some awesome pictures on The Spider (8a) by Robert Grew. Check it out

http://atouchofgnar.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/structure.html

What was your most organised day recently? Or even better, what was your worst attempt at organisation? (FYI, mine was yesterday.)

abseil 28 Jul 2016
In reply to MischaHY:

> How do you organise climbing into your life? Are you structured and motivated....

Me? Just go climbing and ignore everything else, career, "settling down and getting a good job" (sorry Dad), relationships. Such is the grip and the call of climbing.
 Yanis Nayu 28 Jul 2016
In reply to MischaHY:

To the left, like most gents.
 Valkyrie1968 28 Jul 2016
In reply to MischaHY:

Small hexes on front-right loop, big hexes on back-right. 120/240cm sling draws on front-left. Sticht plate and 18m of cord on back-left. Everything you need for Stanage HS.
 jsmcfarland 28 Jul 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Best reply I've read in ages. Have a bag of likes
 Billhook 29 Jul 2016
In reply to MischaHY:

Yesterday my wife allowed me organise my whole day on my own. My god what a mess I made.
 Billhook 29 Jul 2016
In reply to MischaHY:

I've just read what you call your blog.

The answer to all your problems is' 'get out of bed more'.
 Dandan 29 Jul 2016
In reply to MischaHY:

I married an organised person who loves climbing, it's the perfect solution!

The spider is on my wish list, shame its 5 hours from my front door, is it as fantastic as it looks?
 ralphio 29 Jul 2016
In reply to MischaHY:

My one year old son organises my life for me. Starting at 5am. Every. Single. Day...
 Big Ger 29 Jul 2016
In reply to MischaHY:

Badly.
OP MischaHY 29 Jul 2016
In reply to Dave Perry:

> I've just read what you call your blog.

> The answer to all your problems is' 'get out of bed more'.

Depressingly I think this is in fact the case.

OP MischaHY 29 Jul 2016
In reply to Dandan:

That sounds like a strong plan! The Spider is a brilliant route, definitely recommended. Might be worth coming down for a few days and trying a few different things
 Max factor 29 Jul 2016
In reply to ralphio:

> My one year old son organises my life for me. Starting at 5am. Every. Single. Day...

It's ok, it soon eases and you can get back to climbing again. And then you have another....

Climbing becomes that thing you do on about 3 weekends a year when you need an escape. The hard part is summoning up the energy and motivation when you're already knackered and the last thing you really need is strenuous physical and mental exertion.

ralphio 29 Jul 2016
In reply to Max factor:

Luckily I have regular time off in the week so am already counting down the days until he starts school.
OP MischaHY 29 Jul 2016
In reply to ralphio:

Power through! Also, the earlier you get him into climbing the earlier you have an excuse to go to the gym
 Wsdconst 29 Jul 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> To the left, like most gents.

Mines to the right, is it because I'm left handed ?
 AP Melbourne 29 Jul 2016
In reply to Dandan:

> The spider is on my wish list, shame its 5 hours from my front door, is it as fantastic as it looks?

Can't remember, was still drunk from the night before but I think so. Ha!
Should've gone back ,,, shakes head.
7b+ tops anyway with a huge ape index.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...