UKC

Colorado- Must dos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gavmac 31 Jul 2016
Likely to have 4-5 spare days in Colorado (based near Denver) mid September.

Looking for ideas for must do trail/mountain runs. I'll have a car.

Wondering if I could sneak in a few 14ers.

Removed User 01 Aug 2016
In reply to gavmac:

I tried 'running' up Bear Peak (I think) near Boulder last year. I went up and down the same way, but I think there might be variations of loops one could engineer. It's quite far removed from what passes as a trail-run in my world, however, and the relative thinness of the air was strikingly apparent.

It's a bit to the south of Boulder near the Table Mesa area, which might be helpful for access from Denver.
OP gavmac 02 Aug 2016
In reply to Removed UserBwox:

Thanks for the info, that's great.
 wbo 02 Aug 2016
In reply to gavmac:
VI us to run in Boulder a lot. There ant so much 'trail running' as now but we would typically. Go up Boulder canyon a little then follow the front range N , coming back down Le Hill Drive.

There are many, many more routes mapped now so I would look online I think. Do not underestimate the altitude! You will be sleeping high and even the very fit struggle, and you will not acclimate in a few days.
 tony 02 Aug 2016
In reply to wbo:

> Do not underestimate the altitude! You will be sleeping high and even the very fit struggle, and you will not acclimate in a few days.

Seconded. I can remember trying to play football at 2000m and being taken aback at how hard I found it compared with sea level, even after a few days at the altitude.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...