UKC

Best wall within 1hr 30 of Rugby

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CHarrison 04 Aug 2016
Okay so I have to go to Rugby for a few weeks with work.

Can anybody recommended a good climbing (preferably bouldering) wall within about an hour and a halfs driving distance?

I'll be there alone and work are covering any fuel costs so I don't really mind driving that distance for some climbing rather than sitting around in a hotel lobby drinking beers
Removed User 04 Aug 2016
In reply to CHarrison:
According to my sat nav Sheffield is 1h 40 away, so if you could stretch to that then the world is your lobster.
Much closer though is Pinnacle at Northampton, which I find to be a really friendly wall with some good routes for the size of the venue, although the bouldering is a bit limited.
Or Big Rock at Milton Keynes, the bouldering there is quite good, although it's very hot in the warm weather.
I haven't been but there's a Depot in Nottingham too.
Also a place called Wolf Wall I think, in Wolverhampton, I've never been but maybe worth a look.
Got luck.
Post edited at 12:38
 AC93 04 Aug 2016
In reply to CHarrison:

Boulder Central near West Brom is brilliant. Well set, free wifi, just a nice place to chill and climb
 Hat Dude 04 Aug 2016
In reply to CHarrison:

Bear Rock at Warwick uni is approx 1/2 an hour from Rugby Centre.

There are usually a few of us there from Rugby MC on Tuesday evenings, you're welcome to join us if you want a partner
 Babika 04 Aug 2016
In reply to CHarrison:

The Climbing Station at Loughborough is a fabulous bouldering wall - no roped stuff at all.
Should be about 30 -35 minutes from you straight up the M1, easy parking outside
OP CHarrison 05 Aug 2016
Woah!

Thanks everyone. I'm trying to delay the trip as much as possible but it is inevitable, it looks like I have a few good options so at least I won't be sat making small talk and playing pool in a boring hotel lobby!
 two_tapirs 05 Aug 2016
In reply to CHarrison:

Don't forget Stanage, that has the odd decent climbing surface
 Offwidth 05 Aug 2016
In reply to Babika:

There is roped beginners stuff at The Climbing Station and the same is true for a similar excellent wall in Derby, The Climbing Unit.
 the sheep 05 Aug 2016
In reply to Babika:

Seconded, The Climbing station is very good and not far up the M1 from rugby

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...