UKC

Lofoten Waking Peaks section of book

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 07 Aug 2016
I was just wondering if anyone had used the 'Walking Peaks' section of the Lofoten Rock guidebook. We are wondering whether to keep it in, expand it, or drop it altogether.

Thanks for looking,

Chris
 Alex Thomson 07 Aug 2016
In reply to Chris Craggs:
Keep it in as we found it useful when weather was a bit to inclement to climb this June.
 Kai Autio 07 Aug 2016

Expand, please. Rainy days need some action.
 coldfell 07 Aug 2016

We will be buying the new guide in advance of a trip next June and I for one would love the suggestions for walking section, great way to see the Islands and absorb more of the culture. Cheers and thanks for your hard work!
Dorine
 marie_p 08 Aug 2016

We certainly used a couple of the scrambles for poor weather day options.
 ERU 08 Aug 2016

Expand. I went with the missus and it was great to add variety to the trip.
 Dave Rumney 08 Aug 2016

we used it for ascents on inclement days - there were a few.

I can't recall whether there we found alternative useful sources of information. Possibly not.
 Mr. Lee 08 Aug 2016

I'd personally say drop the section as presume new route and crag coverage will already be demanding more book space. ut.no is always going to be able to offer much broader coverage albeit without the glossy presentation.
 ollyroberts 20 Aug 2016

I'd keep and expand if possible. It's been a great resource for planning other days and the layout is ideal for the missus picking which she likes the look of.

We're in Lofoten at the moment and have just had a cracking day out on Rock and Roll Ridge. There are definitely less climbers about than we thought there would be.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...