UKC

Cheap camping in grimselpass area?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Emgrant 10 Aug 2016
Hi,
We're on our way down to the Grimselpass area for some easy multipitch, via feratta & walking etc. Can anyone recommend a good campsite in the area? On the cheaper side would be a bonus.
Got the Plaisir West guide but any recommendations for routes and/or walks would be much appreciated.
Cheers
 IPPurewater 10 Aug 2016
In reply to Emgrant:
There was camping in Innertkirchen the last time I was in the area in 2008. We didn't use it though as we had a van to sleep in. There are discrete bivi places off the main road above the treeline (where we had no problems being moved on) and sleeping in your vehicle was tolerated in the car parks at the top of the pass in 2008.

The Hospiz at the Grimselsee used to have a cheapish hostel for climbers on the top floor, prior to refurbishment. I don't know if they still do.
Post edited at 11:40
 nniff 10 Aug 2016
In reply to Emgrant:

The cable car station at the hospiz used to have superb bivi sites within it. Look around the corners as you go down the stairs - there are many internal flat roofs.
 SiWood 10 Aug 2016
In reply to Emgrant:

The campsite in Innertkirchen site is quite nice. Good showers etc. Its situated just behind the village (on the L coming from Grimsel).

Price is quite reasonable for Switzerland.
 Rick Graham 10 Aug 2016
In reply to SiWood:

I have stayed in the two campsites on the right coming down from Grimsel. Again both reasonable for Swis.

As others have said, dossing spots and quiet parking available higher up the valley.
All best sussed out in the light, late pitch and early clearance usually no probs.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...