UKC

Night parking restrictions in Font

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Adrien 10 Aug 2016
From the 15th of August various carparks in the forest will be closed at night, ie Franchard, Épine Nord and Épine Sud, Grands Feuillards, Rocher Canon, Apremont and Cabaret Masson (http://www.fontainebleau.fr/?foret-de-fontainebleau,2149).

That doesn't mean van and camping-car owners should stay at other carparks as it's not allowed either, and since the beginning of the year there's even a signpost reminding drivers of this at various carparks (Vallée de la Mée, Croix Saint-Jérôme, JA Martin too I think). Use the free aire in Milly or the free and legal bivouacs around the forest (Bourron-Marlotte, Bois-le-Roi).

Something tells me that's going to make a lot of people unhappy!
 danm 10 Aug 2016
In reply to Adrien:

It's a shame because one of my favorite memories is drinking wine and eating dinner in the car-park in the encroaching darkness after one of the best days bouldering I've ever had at Cuisiniere. But, the forest must be protected.
 Tobes 10 Aug 2016
In reply to Adrien:

Mates mentioned they were 'wild camping' in one of those car parks a few years ago which also seemed to be a popular swingers/dogging site. They said they got very little sleep that night, what with all the 'comings' and goings.

In reply to Adrien:

> Something tells me that's going to make a lot of people unhappy!

Hopefully it will inconvenience those engaging in "activités nocturnes" the most, and we won't have to watch our step so much at cuvier in future.

OP Adrien 11 Aug 2016
I wonder how they will close the Cuvier carparks though, as far as I remember there are no ONF barriers there. There will still be plenty of garbage though, not everything's left behind by prostitutes and their clients. I took part in one of the Black Diamond cleanup days in Cuvier last year and picked up a lot of stuff left by climbers and ramblers (and of course lots of used condoms and tampons). And local construction companies and dickish average Joes will keep unloading their rubble and mattresses wherever they want. But I suppose this decision will be an improvement.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...