UKC

Oban - climbers and accomadation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alex the Alex 12 Aug 2016
Hi all,

I am moving up to Oban in mid-september and starting at SAMS in October. i was just wondering whether there were any locals on here in the Oban area up for getting out this autumn, trad bouldering or sport. Looks like there is loads of rock to explore around the area not to mention Glencoe Fort William and the rest of the big venues. I do have a penchant for the more esoteric and love a bit of prospecting but equally keen for the classics.

Also wondered whether anyone might be able to help with accommodation? Currently looking through West-Property and a few other sources, but if anyone would be interested in sharing with a fellow climber or knew of a flat or room available that would be really great.

Looking forward to getting out up there.

Many thanks,

Alex
 marie_p 12 Aug 2016
In reply to Alex the Alex:

Hi Alex,

There is a decent climbing scene at SAMS and so you should have no bother getting out and getting some climbing done. Oban isn't the best of climbing as the rock is mostly lose conglomerate, but as you say Glen Coe and FW are close by. There's been a few local exploration attempts too, which you will be able to restart, I'm sure. If you look up the Oban Mountain Goats on facebook, you'll find plenty of psyche.

Cheers,

M
OP Alex the Alex 12 Aug 2016
In reply to marie_p:

Thanks Marie! That's good to know. And cheers for the facebook group too. I'll look them up. Best get the brushes ready too!

Cheers,

Alex

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...