UKC

Australia slate

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 leewil86 13 Aug 2016
Hi heading to llanberis in a few days looking to have a go on the slate does anyone know what condition the bolts/lower offs at the 'sidings' area in Australia slate crag just seemed to read in some of the descriptions on here that a few are dodgy

Cheers guys
 zimpara 13 Aug 2016
In reply to leewil86:

What routes have you been reading this on? There are a lot of routes there, climb the ones with visable lower offs.
OP leewil86 13 Aug 2016
In reply to leewil86:

Not sure the names clicked on the first climb in that area and scrolled along and read comments , thanks man I will have a look
In reply to leewil86:

Not sure which one you think is a problem?
The first 2 routes on the Sidings are Trad routes (although some of the Trad in Australia does include some dodgy bolts and lower offs).

Theres a comment saying 'First Holy Missing' which presumably means hold but could mean bolt on Thomas the Tank but it's so low and easy it's not needed.

Theres also a note in the description of Polar Express saying the 3rd bolt hanger's missing, but read down and you'll see it has been replaced.

Otherwise the routes I've climbed there all seem fine.
 LGraham 14 Aug 2016
In reply to leewil86:

I was there the other week and the bolts/lower offs seemed fine. On some bolts the hangers weren't facing the right way, but I'm not sure how much that effects things. You can see everything from the bottom anyway.
OP leewil86 14 Aug 2016
In reply to leewil86:

Looks like I miss read em sorry guys thanks for the input cheers!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...