UKC

Lundy restrictions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Simon Caldwell 17 Aug 2016
Given the absence of any threads to the contrary, would I be right in assuming that none of the restrictions have been extended this year?
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

I guess that's a yes then?!
 danm 18 Aug 2016

Nothing reported on RAD, if you are unsure you can always give Becky the ranger a call on 01237 431831

Google, how does it work again?
 Offwidth 18 Aug 2016
In reply to danm:

Come on Dan, part of Simon's raison d'etre on UKC is moaning about access and guidebooks.
 Phil79 18 Aug 2016

I'm off there on Saturday. I had a look at relevant landmark page, which doesn't mention any extensions to restrictions.
http://www.landmarktrust.org.uk/lundyisland/discovering-lundy/activities/cl...

TBH I'm more worried about Saturday sailing being cancelled due to rubbish weather forecast!
 Phil79 18 Aug 2016

I've just emailed Beccy the warden. She tells me all restrictions now lifted.

Phil
In reply to Phil79:

Cheers. I check the usual sources but before now I've found that a page saying "restrictions will be displayed here" with an empty space under it can either mean there are none, or that they've forgotten to update it.

I didn't want to phone the ranger as they're busy and could do without dozens of climbers phoning to ask the same question. Much better to ask for recent experience on UKC I thought, silly me, too many people wanting to score silly points.
 Phil79 19 Aug 2016

> I didn't want to phone the ranger as they're busy and could do without dozens of climbers phoning to ask the same question. Much better to ask for recent experience on UKC I thought, silly me, too many people wanting to score silly points.

Fair enough. I thought email probably good choice as they can respond when they have time. TBH I had a reply within about 10 mins of sending it, which was nice.

When are you planning on going? Its my first time on Lundy so looking forward to it, any tips?

Pity the weather now looks awful for next 36 hrs!
In reply to Phil79:

We're off tomorrow too. Ferry is cancelled so we're currently repacking to get within the 20kg weight limit for the helicopter...
 Fantastical 19 Aug 2016

Ah, no! There's an enforced weight restriction for the helicopter? Is that 20kg in total?

Also off to Lundy tomorrow.
In reply to Fantastical:

I'm assuming they'll enforce it based on 3rd hand information - so they might not but as well to be prepared!
 Phil79 19 Aug 2016

Yes, have spoken to them re ferry cancellation.

I might ring again to check weight limit.
 Fantastical 19 Aug 2016
In reply to Phil79:

I just rang the Bideford office who confirmed there is a 20kg weight limit which will be enforced. Will be allowed small hand luggage which I assumed probably meant small rucksack/handbag rather than crag bag. There's a lot of people heading out tomorrow so no room for extra bags for campers.

Going to make packing interesting!
 JuanTinco 19 Aug 2016

"I didn't want to phone the ranger as they're busy and could do without dozens of climbers phoning to ask the same question. Much better to ask for recent experience on UKC I thought, silly me, too many people wanting to score silly points"

In fairness no-one has give you an un-helpful answer - even if the post does contain a light hearted joke!

Good luck on the packing!
Juan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...