UKC

NEWS: The Path 5.14aR trad, FLASH by Alex Megos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 18 Aug 2016
Alex Megos after flashing The Path, 5.14a/8b+R, Lake Louise, Canada, 6 kbAlex Megos has managed to make a flash ascent by Sonnie Trotter's The Path (The path of least resistance), 5.14a/8b+R, at Lake Louise, in Alberta Canada.

Having repeated the hardest Canada had to offer in terms of sport climbing, and having added some first ascents including Fightclub, 9b, Alex...

Read more
ff 18 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Great stuff. Even more impressive is the style of ascent given his little background in trad climbing which makes this achievement one of the best in the field ever. Seems he is really crushing it in Canada. What's next?
 thommi 18 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC News:

This is just awesome! Surely those suspicious and dismissive of indoor walls and training will now see just what results it can produce. Beast! Well done Alex!
 snoop6060 18 Aug 2016
In reply to ff:

He looks absolutely boxed in that picture. Must be hard.
 Jon Read 18 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Superb, proper next level climbing.
 Mr Fuller 18 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC News:

So this is maybe an E9/E10/E11(???) flash. Crikey.
 jsmcfarland 18 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC News:

He has that look...'you weren't there man...you weren't there' (hands start to shake)
 zv 18 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Absolutely mind-blowing ascent! Inspiring.

I suspect this is one of the very few trad routes he has done. His last one might have been an E2 he did years ago when visiting the UK in Wales.
 Ramon Marin 18 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC News:

mindblowing, E10 flash, just incredible
 Brendan 18 Aug 2016
In reply to Mr Fuller:

Tim Emmett said it was the 'hardest trad climb' of his life, and he's climbed E9/10 in Britain. Really impressive.
 Knut R. 18 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC News:

One one hand, I'm not surprised by his flash of an 8b+, as two weeks ago, I watched him flash an 8b, which he made look like 6b. He sauntered up, through the crux, carrying on a conversation about how the rock was really difficult to read. Made it look quite trivial.

On the other, I'm rendered mystified by his flash of the Path. To be able to keep it together, miles above gear, on a flash of this grade, on rock which can be slightly slippery at times, beggars belief.
 planetmarshall 18 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC News:

So... does that mean everyone can stop headpointing now?
 jonnie3430 18 Aug 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

> He looks absolutely boxed in that picture. Must be hard.

My guess is that he doesn't feel it's type 2 fun yet and blames trotter...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...