UKC

January-Febuary climbing in Spain.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 samparsons 19 Aug 2016
Hi,

I am looking at going to Spain at the start of January and staying for 2 months. I don't know if I will be travelling with someone or alone so I am trying to work out a plan where to go.
My plan if I was alone would have been to go bouldering at Albarracin and then split from there to meet people in different areas, but I have recently read that it can be wet or even snowy there then?
Im not to sure where else to go as a single climber if that happens has anyone got any advice?
 Mick Ward 19 Aug 2016
In reply to samparsons:

I'd hook up with people at the Orange House. There are usually lots of very good climbers - and very nice people - passing through/working there.

Oh, and don't go camping at Siurana in the snow! It's a lot colder than Dorset.

Good luck!

Mick
 Dervey 19 Aug 2016
In reply to samparsons:

Good scene at the Orange House, I'm there over the new year with a couple of friends.
OP samparsons 19 Aug 2016
In reply to samparsons:

That was a plan of mine as I have been there earlier in the year, but I would like to get some bouldering as well.
 Sam Mayfield 22 Aug 2016
In reply to samparsons:

Hi Sam

there is bouldering in these parts but all spread out all over the place, some very close to us on the beach at Villa Joyosa, some in Sella.

A friend years ago came and did a mini guide to the bouldering I will have a look and see if I can see it somewhere and pop on the blog.

Sam Orange House
 seankenny 22 Aug 2016
In reply to samparsons:

All of the popular crags in Catalunya are, well, popular, with climbers from Europe and the States. Wouldn't be hard to find someone to climb with even during the week at Siurana, Margalef, etc. Might be a bit tougher on some of the small crags around Lleida tho. Maybe worth putting out an ad on Mountain Project in case any travelling Septics want to hook up.
 joeldering 22 Aug 2016
In reply to samparsons:
Chulilla Town - Boca de La Voz & Barranquillo/Falfiguera? Good conditions at that time of year, likely to be loads of potential partners around - staying at El Altico could be a good spot to meet people?
 Sam Mayfield 24 Aug 2016
In reply to samparsons:

found article here on UKC! Well I didnt I asked Simon who wrote it as I had forgot! Old age for you...

http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=393http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ukclimbi...

Regards Sam Orange House

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...