UKC

ARTICLE: Tom Livingstone on Finding Peace

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 22 Aug 2016
Tom Livingstone, 5 kbTom Livingstone finally found peace after the best three weeks of trad climbing in his life, leading a few notorious routes in North Wales: onsighting the ultra classic E6 Skinhead Moonstomp on Gogarth, onsighting Surgical Lust E7 in the Pass and headpointing Rare Lichen E9 in Ogwen.

Read more
 Dan Arkle 22 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC Articles:

Well written Tom, nice one.

Great stuff you lanky bastard!!
 tmawer 22 Aug 2016

A good read....thanks.
 AP Melbourne 23 Aug 2016

Fantastic that Tom, well done.
AP.
pasbury 23 Aug 2016

Good writing - proper sweaty hands stuff!
 AP Melbourne 23 Aug 2016
In reply to Duncan Campbell:

> Great stuff you lanky bastard!!

Yeah, I agree. Bet you've got 6" more reach than me Tom so it was p*ss. And stickier boots. And it was chalked up. And you were'nt on-sighting in unknown territory and carrying loads of gear including a dead heavy ring of pegs and an 'ammer wer yer?
Talk about havin' it easy these days you spoilt ,,, .
Ace route though eh? Mine's a pint, thanks, feel free to Paypal the Spottiswoode Hotel in Melbourne and I'll raise my glass to you with maximum respect.
Glad you enjoyed the trip, I know I did - and Joe Healey two days later.
AP.
Ha!

In reply to AP Melbourne:

I bet you're footwork is better than Tom's though Andy!!

Although I'd also bet he's posher than you too. This is probably the poshest article on UKC... eh Tom?
 AP Melbourne 23 Aug 2016

> I bet you're footwork is better than Tom's though Andy!!

> Although I'd also bet he's posher than you too. This is probably the poshest article on UKC... eh Tom?

Yeah Duncan, always known for precise footwork me (and having no fear). Had to really - being weak as p*ss but with an ape index like a ,, well an ape I suppose. Dunno about posh though, just dragged up by a decent mother and taught how to speak nicely. Know what, to this day, many times a week if a lady (architect, engineer, whatever) enters the room for a meeting I'm the Only male who stands up, checks there's a seat and welcomes them in. Manners maketh the man no?
I held the door the other day when 'The Sisterhood' arrived at the pub and got shot down in flames with "I Don't need a MAN to open the door for me ,,,". Rather rude? "Suppose a sh*g's out of the question then".
Honestly! Shakes head, buys another, returns to 'my' stool and she's parked her a*se on it. "Excuse me but ,, -death ray glare so grabs jumper and toddles off home to come and chat with you folk.
In reply to AP Melbourne:

The posh comment is something Tom gets stick for being as he is loud and well-spoken!

AP Melbourne 24 Aug 2016

> The posh comment is something Tom gets stick for being as he is loud and well-spoken!

Is he as well spoken as Ted Kingsnorth? He's cool that Ted chap.

Thanks for the comments everyone, glad you like it.

Andy - good effort putting up Skinhead, and great route name! The best thing to do on a Gogarth belay is read the Ground Up 'Gogarth' guide, and the history section has a photo of you doing the FA of Skinhead and calling it 'strenners!' Makes me chuckle every time.
P.S. I'm not posh, honest. I'm just from the south! Pipe down Duncan
 Franco Cookson 24 Aug 2016
In reply to Tom Livingstone:

Really well written Tom, especially once you actually get into the meat of describing the climbing.
 AP Melbourne 24 Aug 2016
In reply to Tom Livingstone:

> Thanks for the comments everyone, glad you like it.

> Andy - good effort putting up Skinhead, and great route name! The best thing to do on a Gogarth belay is read the Ground Up 'Gogarth' guide, and the history section has a photo of you doing the FA of Skinhead and calling it 'strenners!' Makes me chuckle every time.

> P.S. I'm not posh, honest. I'm just from the south! Pipe down Duncan

Cheers Tom, pleasure, liked that - my route or not.
Don't have the guide but perhaps some kind person could drop in the tale? Yer know, make an old has-been smile an all.
Cheers, pubs open ,,,
AP.

Alex Hallam 24 Aug 2016

So when can I place my order for your first book? You inveterate souse.
 AP Melbourne 25 Aug 2016
In reply to Alex Hallam:

> So when can I place my order for your first book? You inveterate souse.

Helo Alex,
My dictionary defines 'inveterate' as a liar or smoker who's unlikely to give up. I'll cop for the cigs but I never lie. So there.
I think 'souse' must mean drinker, unless you could kindly advise to the contrary.
Be delighted to flog you a book - with a personal dedication inside. PM me (or go on Amazon).
Toodle pip.
AP.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...