UKC

NEWS: Bouldering Joins Edexcel GCSE Climbing Syllabus

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 23 Aug 2016
Macmillan Academy enjoying a GCSE Climbing session, 4 kbAs reported in a previous UKC article on GCSE Climbing, September marks the start of a revamped GCSE syllabus in a number of subjects. The Edexcel (Pearson) syllabus for GCSE Climbing has also been updated and it is now possible for candidates to be assessed in the Climbing element in the form of a Bouldering Only Practical.

Read more
 ThomSank 23 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC News:

"The following guidance applies to Component 3: Practical Performance when recorded evidence is required for assessment purposes..."

Are video recordings of school tests done regularly in the UK? Only for practical tests?
 SuperLee1985 23 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Shouldn't the article cover photo actually be showing bouldering instead of top-roping?
 TMM 23 Aug 2016
In reply to SuperLee1985:

> Shouldn't the article cover photo actually be showing bouldering instead of top-roping?

I love how climbing centre groups have made belaying a two person job to try and stop the idle hands from finding mischief.

Tomtom 23 Aug 2016
In reply to TMM:

> I love how climbing centre groups have made belaying a two person job to try and stop the idle hands from finding mischief.

That, and also yoof cannot be trusted to belay attentively. Getting another pair of hand on the dead rope can be a life saver!
 Luke90 24 Aug 2016
In reply to ThomSank:

I took some groups out for climbing assessments for their GCSE a few years ago and had to get video footage of them demonstrating various skills. I think that's standard for practical assessments in PE.
 Brass Nipples 24 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC News:

GCSE grade E10 here I come

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...