UKC

Moonraker next monday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wiwwim 24 Aug 2016
Just wanted to mention that even though the tides are poor, me and my wife intend to climb moonraker at berryhead at around 9am in the morning of the 29th. We should be off the route by 11am, but wanted to try and avoid sharing belays if possible. I hope this helps everyone on the day and prevents bottlenecking. Berry Head - The Old Redoubt
 Climber_Bill 25 Aug 2016
In reply to wiwwim:

Ahh, that's a shame. 6 of us had already planned to be on the route by 8.30. We are also planning on doing the slowest ascent possible so will definitely be taking up all the stances for probably most of the day.

Just thought I'd let you know so you don't get caught up in our bottleneck. Of course, as is usual in these situations, you are more than welcome to climb around and over us.
OP wiwwim 25 Aug 2016
In reply to Climber_Bill:

If that's the case I may have to convince the wife to do Goddess of Gloom instead. Anyone thinking of doing this route on the aforementioned time? Don't want to drive from M. Keynes to hang around waiting.
 WaterMonkey 25 Aug 2016
In reply to wiwwim:

> If that's the case I may have to convince the wife to do Goddess of Gloom instead. Anyone thinking of doing this route on the aforementioned time? Don't want to drive from M. Keynes to hang around waiting.

Sorry I'm planning on abbing down to halfway and then toproping the first few pitches before toproping the last ones. In trainers. Hope this doesn't ruin your plans.
 EddInaBox 25 Aug 2016
In reply to WaterMonkey:

Sounds like I'd better get there early to get my dry-tooling practice in then.
James Jackson 25 Aug 2016
In reply to EddInaBox:

Sorry, I was planning on being there before you to bolt the belays.
 WaterMonkey 25 Aug 2016
In reply to James Jackson:

> Sorry, I was planning on being there before you to bolt the belays.

Awesome I could use the bolts for my top rope. Can you take an angle grinder and write the name of the route at the bottom so I can find it. Cheers
OP wiwwim 25 Aug 2016
In reply to WaterMonkey:

Not sure thats in keeping with the ethics of the area to be honest. The wife doesn't get out much and its our wedding anniversary at the weekend if that counts for anything. oh, and we're clucking enthusiasts.
 WaterMonkey 25 Aug 2016
In reply to wiwwim:

Hahaha love it! We do that when we go walking
 EddInaBox 25 Aug 2016
In reply to wiwwim:

> ... oh, and we're clucking enthusiasts.

Good news for WaterMonkey on his top-rope, perfect for a bit of hangdogging.
OP wiwwim 27 Aug 2016
In reply to EddInaBox:

stay safe, always use protection...
 AP Melbourne 29 Aug 2016
In reply to wiwwim:

> Just wanted to mention that even though the tides are poor, me and my wife intend to climb moonraker at berryhead at around 9am in the morning of the 29th. We should be off the route by 11am, but wanted to try and avoid sharing belays if possible.

Hardly surprizing you got a bunch of 'dislikes' for that one mate. Why, on earth, should your and the missus' plans be of any consequence to anyone else and you come across as 'Can we have the route to ourselves please'? No. You can't. It's first in best dressed, always has been (I know, being one) and always will be, pray god!
Reckon you shot yourself in the foot there - people will be driving from a lot further just to P you off now.

Oh, and can EVERYBODY please keep away from Merlin Direct (HVS 5a) at Tremadog on 3rd May next year at 2.20 - 2.22pm as my comeback's a barefoot solo of it. No nets or pads owt either.
Or am I confusing it with Strawberries as I'll be top roping it for fifteen days to reaquaint then b*gger off back here to Oz and write a best-seller. TeeHee.
AP.

Bulls Crack 29 Aug 2016
In reply to wiwwim:

I thought this was going to be one of those 'Were you the party on climb x last weekend' but in the future....which would have been kind of cool.
 Cheese Monkey 29 Aug 2016
In reply to wiwwim:

If there's someone on it, you didn't get there early enough. If someone catches you up, you're climbing too slow. Hth
OP wiwwim 29 Aug 2016
In reply to Cheese Monkey:

suffice to say, I got pumped whilst putting my purple friend in and had to withdraw. Maybe i'll try harder next year. Cheerio
 foxjerk 29 Aug 2016
In reply to wiwwim:

I'm simul climbing it right now, is anyone at the first belay? Tides coming in so I need to know asap. P.s. If that was your van flashing it's lights at me in the car park, I'll be there in a jiffy (bag)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...