UKC

Low grade climbing in Mallorca

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sfrazer 25 Aug 2016
Hi, my daughter and I are thinking of visiting Mallorca in September. We would like to find very low grade sport climbs (4's and easy 5's), happy with long-ish pitches, as long as the bolts are sensibly spaced, belays good, rock neither too loose, nor too polished. Can anyone please give me a steer of places worth a visit ?
Thanks,
Steve.
 AdamCB 25 Aug 2016
In reply to sfrazer:

Not sure if this is exactly what you had in mind but it's a brilliant day out: Albahida (Gubia Normal) (4c)
 James Malloch 25 Aug 2016
In reply to sfrazer:
La Creveta

I enjoyed this place - some good long, easy and enjoyable pitches.
 Stu Tyrrell 25 Aug 2016
In reply to sfrazer:
Last time I was there, we visited Valdemosa, some new easy routes were put up, nice place just down the river a bit from the parking, cant remember the names, good for one day I would say.

No it was on the road to Valdemossa, S'Estret.
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=1738#maps
Post edited at 11:34
 Offwidth 25 Aug 2016
In reply to AdamCB:

I would rather recommend the OP the multipitch 5s either side: Gubia Normal its a semi-trad route.
 AdamCB 25 Aug 2016
In reply to Offwidth:

Yep good point.
 Stu Tyrrell 25 Aug 2016
In reply to sfrazer:
One of the easier routes

Zarzamora (4c)#photos
 The Ivanator 25 Aug 2016
In reply to sfrazer:

S'estret is a good bet. Cala Magraner has a few worthwhile low grade offerings too. I thought the 4s and 5s at La Creveta were pretty stiff at their grades, definitely great routes though.
 Mike_d78 25 Aug 2016
In reply to sfrazer:

+1 for Cala Magraner. Low stress sport climbing venue right by the sea.
 HB1 26 Aug 2016
In reply to sfrazer:

Calvia has reasonable 4 to 5 routes. San Marti (near P Pollensa) has good value at the grade. The 4s at Creveta are VERY polished at the start. There are some very "interesting" routes at the grade on the crag above Felanix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...