UKC

Climbs on snowdon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Are there any climbing routes on snowdon that can be used to make good progress to the top thinking something like idwal slabs up the glyders
 ben b 29 Aug 2016
In reply to minus273degrees:

Slanting Buttress ridge route takes you from the bottom of Y Lliwedd to the top at about VDiff. Parson's Arete brings you out between Crib Goch and Crib y Ddysgwl. I'm not aware of anything that would be equivalent on Yr Wyddfa itself - other than Indian Face, I guess. With a rucksack.

b

Bulls Crack 29 Aug 2016

Y Lliwedd ?
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 29 Aug 2016

A classic combo is route on Dinas Mot, one on Cyrn Las, then on to the Parson's Nose, or across to Read's Route then along Crib Goch to finish,

Chris
 andrewmc 29 Aug 2016
In reply to Chris Craggs:

> A classic combo is route on Dinas Mot, one on Cyrn Las, then on to the Parson's Nose, or across to Read's Route then along Crib Goch to finish,

It took me and a friend longer to get from the top of Dinas Mot (did Slow Ledge Route) to Cyrn Las than it was supposed to take to walk in to Cyrn Las from the road! (about 1 1/2 hours for an alleged 45 min walk in) In fairness since we didn't exactly know which bit of rock was Cyrn Las we did end up on top of it. We did Idwal Slabs (Hope/Lazarus/The Arete) and Y Lliwedd (Avalanche/Red Wall/Longlands) in a day the same week so didn't think we were particularly slow; is it easier just to ab off and walk around the bottom? Or did we just go a really stupid way? (just headed up and then around the lip of the cwm at the top of Cyrn Las). We were planning to do something on Crib y Ddysgl but couldn't be bothered...
 Jon Stewart 29 Aug 2016

Highly recommend The Parson's Nose Direct (VD) and the ridge as a way up Snowdon.
 wynaptomos 30 Aug 2016
In reply to andrewmcleod:

> It took me and a friend longer to get from the top of Dinas Mot (did Slow Ledge Route) to Cyrn Las than it was supposed to take to walk in to Cyrn Las from the road! (about 1 1/2 hours for an alleged 45 min walk in) In fairness since we didn't exactly know which bit of rock was Cyrn Las we did end up on top of it. We did Idwal Slabs (Hope/Lazarus/The Arete) and Y Lliwedd (Avalanche/Red Wall/Longlands) in a day the same week so didn't think we were particularly slow; is it easier just to ab off and walk around the bottom? Or did we just go a really stupid way? (just headed up and then around the lip of the cwm at the top of Cyrn Las). We were planning to do something on Crib y Ddysgl but couldn't be bothered...

It would be much easier to walk or abseil down to bottom of Dinas Mot before moving across to Cyrn Las. Pretty sure that's what Chris meant in his message. The continuation above dinas mot can be very unpleasant in places.

Think Cloggy!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...