UKC

Basic induction procedure for a small bouldering wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 steve taylor 29 Aug 2016
I'm looking for some basic advice regarding the induction procedure for a small bouldering wall. It will be used by adults and children. It is likely to be unsupervised for adults (though under 16s will have to have adult supervision), but access-controlled.

My view is that the procedure would include basic safety (i.e controlled falling, awareness of other users, spinning holds etc. ) and a bit of technique training. The wall would not be available to those who have completed the induction, unless they can demonstrate that they are experienced wall users. All users would sign in at each session (it's in a sports centre which has a manned front-desk)

As this wall will be on company premises, they are keen that some form of recognised procedures are used to design/build the wall too - I think I have most of these already from a false-start three years ago, but again would appreciate any help available.

PS - it will be built in the Middle East, not Dorset!!!

Thanks in advance...
 James Malloch 29 Aug 2016
In reply to steve taylor:

Not sure if they will be able to help, but it might be worth contacting the BMC. I'm guessing there is some kind of "standard" that must be met for insurance reasons and they will probably know it. There are often BMC (I think) posters up for this kind of thing at a lot of walls.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...