UKC

Liquid Chalk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Haig 29 Aug 2016
Looking for a good liquid chalk that won't break the bank, does anyone have any suggestions?
 GridNorth 29 Aug 2016
In reply to Haig:

I used to make my own but it became a bit of a pain in the arse to do it. I can't remember the recipe but I'm sure you will find something if you Google it. It's essentially surgical spirit and chalk.

Al
 Ciro 30 Aug 2016
In reply to Haig:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/liquid-soft-chalk-id_8313241.html

cheap as chips and does what it says on the tin.
Removed User 30 Aug 2016
In reply to Haig:

+1 for that Decathlon stuff, I don't sweat much so it lasts me a full route at AW. I reapply before each route but suspect it's psychological and would last several routes.
TJSTOM 01 Sep 2016
In reply to Haig:

Used to get mine from Amazon. Think I actually got something aimed at poledancing...was cheaper than all the rest and exactly the same.

Tend to find the best method is liquid chalk, then once dried apply a layer of normal chalk over the top, lasts ages.
 Oceanrower 01 Sep 2016
In reply to Haig:

Just remember. Liquid chalk is not the solution.

It's a suspension.
In reply to Haig:

Are people bathing in liquid chalk these days? I use liquid chalk every climbing and finger-boarding session (so 3-4 times a week) and still only get through a bottle or two a year. Hardly seems worth worrying about making your own / worrying about one brand being a pound or two more than another - compared to the costs of driving to the crags / rock shoes / rope.
 flopsicle 01 Sep 2016
In reply to Haig:

Tried this for the first time last night and was very impressed! I'd only bought it as I was ordering something else and wanted to make the postage worth it! :
http://www.rockrun.com/edelweiss-liquid-chalk?gclid=Cj0KEQjwo5--BRCS8ceLjv-...
 krikoman 01 Sep 2016
In reply to Haig:

> Looking for a good liquid chalk that won't break the bank, does anyone have any suggestions?

Spit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...