UKC

Shee of Ardtalnaig parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Captain Solo 30 Aug 2016
No match for crag id:14999

Thinking of leaving this hill for my last Graham.
Does anyone know what the parking is like?
Would there be space for 6-8 cars or is it a bit tight at the end of the public road up the glen?
any advice gratefully received,
cheers
Capt.
 Mark Bull 30 Aug 2016
In reply to Captain Solo:
I think the only options are near the T-junction, and parking seems to have got more awkward there of late, partly due to hydro works.
http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=64798
http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=56743

Post edited at 13:27
 Dave Hewitt 30 Aug 2016

A pal and I were there again in the spring and we asked a friendly local retired-ish shepherd who said we'd be fine parking beside the tennis court (up the glen road a touch and off to the left). This we did, but I don't think there'd be space for more than a couple of cars. The "main road" lacks much sensible parking, so 6-8 cars sounds like it would be difficult unless people can find laybys etc further along and walk back. When we were there we later met another party who had parked away up the glen road, close to one of the higher houses. Got the impression this was probably OK in terms of hassle, but again there wouldn't be space for very many cars and if doing that I'd certainly check things out beforehand.

As Mark says, hydro work is a factor just now - massive long snake of plastic piping alongside the track in the spring, and they've reinforced one of the old bridges to allow trucks etc across. Lovely area - we went over the big Corbett and looped back via the Graham, very nice. The landslip thing is worth seeing.
OP Captain Solo 30 Aug 2016
Hmm, looks like it's not easy anyway even without the bad timing re the hydro work.
Might have a rethink, thanks all for the advice,
Capt.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...