UKC

Time was once on my side Ban-y-gor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Xavierpercy 30 Aug 2016
Time Was Once On My Side (8a)

I had a go on a shunt and found the middle section absolutely desperate. Has any climbed through the middle roof? There is nothing for the feet and really hard to use layaways on the left.
 Billg 30 Aug 2016
In reply to Xavierpercy:

Calian Harker did it a few years ago. Don't know what grade he gave it.
 Ally Smith 01 Sep 2016
In reply to Xavierpercy:

Hi Guy,
It looks like Cailean took 8a for that route - sounds nails from your description!
https://www.8a.nu/?IncPage=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.8a.nu%2FUser%2FProfile.aspx%3F...
 paul mitchell 01 Sep 2016
In reply to Xavierpercy:

Your logbook entries tend to imply you would currently have no chance on 7c.
Lusk 01 Sep 2016
 tombeasley 01 Sep 2016
In reply to paul mitchell:

Paul, check a few local guide books, ask some locals before making a judgement based on what is in someone's most recent logbook (assuming you aren't just trolling...).
 tombeasley 01 Sep 2016
In reply to Xavierpercy:

Ah there is a story behind that one, PM me if you want more info.

Tom
OP Xavierpercy 01 Sep 2016
In reply to Ally Smith:

Hi Ali! I recall being at Crawl Butress with you years ago when you were climbing with Dave. I think we briefly discussed the line. I am not surprised that Cailean took 8a. If it was that grade it would be the hardest sport route in the whole of the Wye Valley!
It looks like I am not missing anything and just need to get stronger.
In reply to paul mitchell:
I suspect that you are probably right but sometimes it is good to aim high..........
"Get going. Move forward. Aim High. Plan a takeoff. Don't just sit on the runway and hope someone will come along and push the airplane. It simply won't happen. Change your attitude and gain some altitude. Believe me, you'll love it up here."
Donald J. Trump
Post edited at 14:32
In reply to Lusk:
The person who took the photo did the Photoshopping and even then did a much better job than I could have done.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...