UKC

Wall manufacturers...finance options?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 manicpb 31 Aug 2016
I've lost count the amount of times I've put a business plan together for a climbing gym but this time there is financial backing available.

My question is instead of blowing the full budget and folding the business 12months later due to lack of funds, do the likes of entre-prises provide payment plans? Obviously I expect a minimum of 50% upfront and expect no more than 12 months finance on the rest.

Obviously to call them is the answer however we are still calculating the size of climbing area for quotes and would like to contact them almost ready to order instead of question after question.

Thanks!
 Lord_ash2000 31 Aug 2016
In reply to manicpb:

It's not usual but some companies are open to negotiation if you're willing to buy off them. They vary but I've seen it more like 25% up front, 50% to start installation and 25% when it's finished, depending on the size and scope of the wall this could take several months away. Obviously you'd have to phone as ask to arrange a meeting or something, I'm sure most would be glad to get 50% up front.

Regarding calculating the climbing area, most companies will offer a design service for you if you can provide them with a plan drawing of the building you're looking at using along with a brief of roughly what you're after. They can then provide you with 3D visuals of the the climbing wall from several angles and a detailed breakdown of surface areas and matting requirements etc as part of the quote.

I'm also a climbing wall designer who does work for some of the major companies so there is half a chance it'll be me doing that, depending which company you go to.

mwr72 01 Sep 2016
In reply to manicpb:

Hi.
I build climbing walls for a well known company, I don't know how the finance works but can pm you the contact details of the company I work for.
There's no harm in sending a speculative email.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...