UKC

Alpine long weekend 2017

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
maraval25 02 Sep 2016
Looking for suggestions for a logistically easy from Edinburgh/Glasgow & not too difficult alpine peak for nxt summer. We have had a few short trips to the alps, mostly walking to about 3200m. Climb in Scottish winter Gr II/III (aonach eagach/golden oldie &c)????
In reply to maraval25:

Fly to Grenoble and climb the Dibona!
maraval25 04 Sep 2016
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

Looks good - thanks!
 JohnBson 07 Sep 2016
In reply to maraval25:

Myself and my girlfriend travelled from Glasgow by car to Cervinia. It allows you to take all your kit. Take a large tent to enjoy the space it offers, break the journey by a days sport climbing and 2 nights spent at Saffres, you can camp where you park the car and there are basic toilets. Then drive through the Mont Blanc tunnel.

Cervinia has a camp site called camping glair and this is useful as a Base. The Testa Grigia lift is cheap and provides access to plenty of PD routes, pollux, castor, breithorn. It's about 1hr drive to Gressoney where you can get a lift to climb the peaks around Monte Rosa. In the Aosta Valley there's plenty of rock climbing at all levels and the Mani Nude 2 guidebook is readily available in Aosta. Also Gran Paradisio is close.

Food is cheap and good. Loads to do for some of your ability, which is the same as ours, we've had a productive month here with stable weather and great climbing. I recommend the 1/2 traverse of the breithorn a good 1St AD route in the area.
maraval25 21 Sep 2016
In reply to JohnBson:

Thank you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...