UKC

Pandy parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dale Berry 03 Sep 2016
Pandy Outcrop it's been a while since I've climbed here, but have always parked at the end of the track as per the old pre- Rockfax guide (and indeed the current UKC description). Just wondered if the 'new' parking spot is because the old no longer exists, or is it just down to the difficulties in meeting someone along the way?
 Otis 04 Sep 2016
In reply to D Berry:

Last time I went (a year or two ago) the condition of the track was deteriorating where the 'bridge' (of sorts) crosses the stream. I elected not to take my car over it (low profile tyres) and imagine further damage to the track could be a factor in the old parking spot not featuring in the Rockfax guide.

OP Dale Berry 04 Sep 2016
In reply to Otis:
Thank you; suspected as much. Always been borderline conditions for me anyway.
 Phil Tucker 04 Sep 2016
In reply to D Berry:
We were there a couple of weeks ago. My mate who was driving just went to the end of the track as he hadn't seen the new description. Track was rough but ok. He was driving a focus, standard tyres.
Phil
OP Dale Berry 04 Sep 2016
In reply to Phil Tucker:

Thanks Phil. Ended meeting at the lay-by as described in Rockfax and carrying on from there in one car. Was as well as we were the 4th to the original parking spot so would have had a car too many there if we'd both gone! Also space as described for at least 4 cars I'd have thought in the 'new' parking without too much effort.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...