UKC

Brecon Beacons overnight parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pasbury 05 Sep 2016
I'm planning an overnight walk on the Black mountain and need somewhere to leave the car.
Is it possible to leave it at the show caves or campsite at Dan-yr-Ogof? I also thought of Craig-y-Nos country park or asking at the castle.
 Mike Peacock 05 Sep 2016
In reply to pasbury:

There's room in a little layby by the church, just up the road from Dan-yr-Ogof. Or if you wanted it somewhere secure try asking at one of the two pubs there; I've never been in the Tafarn y Garreg but the staff in the Gwyn Arms are nice.
 Welsh Kate 05 Sep 2016
In reply to pasbury:

Yes, you can leave a car at the showcaves / campsite for a fee (pay in the cafe usually, or someone on a quad often patrols around). There's also a short section of dead end road on the east side of the A4067 immediately past Tafarn y Garreg (pub on the A road) which seems fine for leaving a car overnight. You could also ask in the pub if you could leave your car in their car park across the road.
 lone 05 Sep 2016
In reply to pasbury:

By the Tafarn y Garreg there is a short bit of metalled road that is around 100 yards long, I've left the car there before now quite a few times, the road doesn't belong to the pub it's highway's property so you should have no issues leaving it there as well.

L
 Mal Grey 05 Sep 2016
In reply to pasbury:

As others, have happily left a car overnight on that little bit of road by the Tafarn y Garreg.
pasbury 05 Sep 2016
In reply to pasbury:

Thanks all

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...