UKC

Exciting times , it new tent time .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Afternoon ,

After 9 years of use and standing up to the elements and conditions this country has had to offer, my beloved Vango Typhoo 300 has busted a pole and the front door zip has started to fail.
Now I've repaired the pole section with glue lined heat shrink tubing and a stainless steal sheath over the damaged section . All is well with this .
However I foresee the zip being a problem that I can repair but with difficulty .

I've been looking at the Vango Nemesis 300 for a while now but could never bring myself to buy one while my Typhoon was in great condition .

Well I came back to work on Monday after 6 week summer holiday and was shocked to find a brand new Nemesis 300 on ebay for £164.99 .
What a result. So now I have a brand new Nemesis with a 3rd off the MRP and at the same price that I brought my Typhoon for 9 years ago, and my existing Typhoon that may or may not last several more years.

Joy of joys . Tentastic fun

TS

bouldery bits 08 Sep 2016
In reply to That Shallot:

I wish you and your new tent many happy adventures together.
In reply to bouldery bits:

> I wish you and your new tent many happy adventures together.

Thank you so much.

TS
 leon 1 08 Sep 2016
Not surprised you` re getting rid of the old one, It must have leaked like a teabag.
'my beloved Vango Typhoo 300 has busted a pole and the front door zip has started to fail. '
Post edited at 16:38
In reply to leon 1:

> Not surprised you` re getting rid of the old one, It must have leaked like a teabag.

> 'my beloved Vango Typhoo 300 has busted a pole and the front door zip has started to fail. '

No, no leaks the pole broke months ago (it was the porch pole and the repair is solid) , just the zip started playing up last week. I think I can stitch it across the zip teeth that are dodgy so that they aren't used as they are on the far side of the door either that or epoxy glue or something like that. It will see many more days yet I think.

TS
 leon 1 09 Sep 2016
In reply to That Shallot: I was actually referring to the fact you misspelt it as a Vango Typhoo.
My sparkling wit and humour fails again
Enjoy the new tent
In reply to leon 1:
> I was actually referring to the fact you misspelt it as a Vango Typhoo.

> My sparkling wit and humour fails again

> Enjoy the new tent

Sorry It's a bit early in the morning for me to register that.

Very good pun though. Well done .

TS

Edit :
I only just noticed that I misspelt that all the way throughout the post.
I'm such a Muppet .

Post edited at 09:29
 Dell 09 Sep 2016

Tell us more about this glue lined heatshrink product, sounds like useful stuff!
In reply to Dell:

> Tell us more about this glue lined heatshrink product, sounds like useful stuff!

You got it,
I do a lot of electrical work and I use the stuff for making waterproof connections .
Also known as glue lined heat shrink tubing, manufactured with a dual wall of polyolefin outer and a hot-melt adhesive inner lining. This adhesive lined heat shrink has a 3:1 shrink ratio. Typical applications are environmental sealing of electrical components including wire splices, harness breakouts and sealing cable ends against moisture ingress.
The glue lined variety is very strong when set and is perfect for strengthening the pole sections where they slot together on tent poles.
I had the idea about using it when camping and trying to think of ways to repair and make my gear far more durable.
I've also done this on some of my friends tents once they had seen mine .

Its brilliant stuff. I highly recommend using it.

TS

jamesy007 09 Sep 2016

Great! whats the postage for something that big?
 andrewmc 10 Sep 2016

I use it when marking rope ends - unlike normal heatshrink, it doesn't come off after a bit of use (normally, anyway).
In reply to jamesy007:

> Great! whats the postage for something that big?

It was free postage .

TS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...