UKC

Riding to base of Lochnagar

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ElvisMax1 08 Sep 2016
I'm looking at doing some of the easier climbs at Lochnagar. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to cycle all/part of the way?
 Rick Graham 08 Sep 2016
In reply to ElvisMax1:

Mountain biking to the col on the Landrover track will save some time on the approach and a lot on the way back.

That's my preferred option ( in summer ) HTH
 StuDoig 08 Sep 2016
In reply to ElvisMax1:

depends where your're starting from. If from loch muick, then you'll not save much in approach beyond the river fording (though up to there will be much quicker) and it's not a pleasant cycle beyond. In descent from the coll path junction you'll be a LOT quicker and it's not nearly as horrible to descend as ascend! If you're coming from Deeside, it's a pretty easy cycle in from the north to the Coll and back out again on a good landy track and doesn't take long.

Dubh lock and eagles rock are both best approached on bike as far as path junction.

Cheers,

Stu

OP ElvisMax1 08 Sep 2016
In reply to StuDoig:

The approach from Deeside: do you mean the landrover track from the Balmoral estate?
 StuDoig 08 Sep 2016
In reply to ElvisMax1:

Aye, that one. A good track all the way if Biking, with a nicer view as you approach the hill. Really quiet as well normally compared to the loch muick side.
OP ElvisMax1 08 Sep 2016
In reply to StuDoig:

Beauty. I'm not too crazy about the traffic at Glen Muick so I'll give it a try.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...