UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: The Great Wide Open - Independence Day

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 Sep 2016
Sasha Digiulian, 5 kbThis week's Friday Night Video is the 5th episode of The Great Wide Open by Jared Leto, featuring Sascha DiGiulian, Alex Honnold amongst other world-class climbers. The series celebrates America's National Parks and this final episode discusses what draws people to nature and adventure sport.

Jared explores the American Dream through the eyes of and Sasha leads one of her first trad routes, El Matador (5.10d) on Devils Tower in Wyoming.

Read more
 stp 09 Sep 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Not a bad series though I didn't think this episode was the best one.

Also interesting is that the guy behind the series, Jared Leto, is a Hollywood actor who plays the part of the Joker in the new film Suicide Squad.
In reply to stp:

I liked this. Innocent fun. What was there not to like.
 Jon Stewart 10 Sep 2016
In reply to John Stainforth:

> I liked this. Innocent fun. What was there not to like.

The cheesiness?
 Robert Durran 10 Sep 2016
In reply to Jon Stewart:

> The cheesiness?

And the fact that it was mostly trite bollocks with hardly any climbing?
 Jon Stewart 10 Sep 2016
In reply to Robert Durran:

Miserable bastards of the world...unite and take over!
 Kemics 11 Sep 2016
In reply to Robert Durran:

I really struggled living with Americans (specifically climbers). My first impression was everyone was incredible insincere. However, they never drop the act, they really do believe what they say. After a while I gave in to the super-positivity-bro mentality....and it's kind of great
 Robert Durran 11 Sep 2016
In reply to Kemics:

> I really struggled living with Americans (specifically climbers). My first impression was everyone was incredible insincere. However, they never drop the act, they really do believe what they say. After a while I gave in to the super-positivity-bro mentality....and it's kind of great

I can embrace the "have a nice day" thing at supermarket check outs as sincere, and even the positivity/optimism stuff. It's the more mystical stuff that I struggle with.

In reply to Kemics:

I think it *is* great.
 Robert Durran 12 Sep 2016
In reply to Jon Stewart:

> Miserable bastards of the world...unite and take over!

I'd rather be a miserable bastard on my own thanks.
 Kemics 12 Sep 2016
In reply to John Stainforth:

Super great! Loving your positive energy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...