UKC

Can your feet still grow???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Superchop75 09 Sep 2016
Maybe a strange question but after a break from regular hillwalking, the last few times I've been out my boots have felt too small.
Blisters and sore big toes have ensued. These are the same boots I've worn for countless walks before!
Any advice/opinion gratefully received as usual.
Cheers.
ultrabumbly 09 Sep 2016
In reply to Superchop75:

This is as I understand it from talking to a bootfitter one time: As you get older there is a tendency for your arch to flatten. This might also happen a bit more if you have put some weight on during a period of inactivity. Your feet splay a bit more when stood upright and especially if carrying a load.
 DaveHK 09 Sep 2016
In reply to Superchop75:
Not growth as such but arches fall and feet spread as you age.
Post edited at 18:50
 Dan Glynn 09 Sep 2016
In reply to Superchop75:

They told me that your arches start to collapse and your feet spread when i bought new boots to replace my 15yr old ones. I'd gone up two sizes!
 Dave Garnett 09 Sep 2016
In reply to Superchop75:

Does your hat still fit?
 mrchewy 09 Sep 2016
In reply to Superchop75:

Not wanting to scare you but age 34, my feet started to grow. Didn't give it much thought other than I had little feet and maybe they were catching up with the rest of me!
Turned out I had acromegaly - only discovered it was a thing when I asked my dentist why my teeth didn't meet anymore when I bit. Down to the hospital for tests and a year later a small tumour was removed from my pituitary gland. Been to Oxford Churchill today as it happens, for my annual check up.

So in reply to your question - the answer is a definite yes.
 colinakmc 09 Sep 2016
In reply to Superchop75:

So what bits of your anatomy shrink with age to compensate for your spreading feet?
PeteA 09 Sep 2016
In reply to colinakmc:

Moobs, nasal and ear hair of course.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...