UKC

How are Ellis Brigham/Mountain Equipment on repairs?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BarrySW19 12 Sep 2016
I have a Mountain Equipment Squall jacket on which part of the main zip fastener has fallen off - the jacket is less than 18 months old and has probably only been worn about 20 times so, even though it's probably out of guarantee, I'd consider this poor quality for an expensive jacket.

Of course, I'd don't have a receipt anymore, but does anyone know if Ellis Brigham (retailer) or ME themselves would normally repair something in such circumstances, and which one would be better to go to?
 andyd1970 12 Sep 2016
In reply to BarrySW19:
My zip broke on my ME goretex jacket which was 4 years old
After talking to Ellis Brigham and ME it was agreed that ME would look at it for me, so I sent it to Ellis Brigham who then sent it too ME
ME looked at the jacket but also found goretex delamination and sent me the next 2016 version
Both MountainEquipment and Ellis Brigham were brilliant but I did buy my jacket on line and couldnt find the receipt but Ellis Brigham had it on their system
Andy

OP BarrySW19 12 Sep 2016
In reply to andyd1970:

Cool, sounds hopeful - I guess I'll try Ellis Brigham, although it was bought in store so I doubt there will be any record they can find.
 CharlieMack 12 Sep 2016
In reply to BarrySW19:

Mountain Equipment have absolutely fantastic customer service, which is one of the reasons i'm usually covered head to toe in the stuff. I've only ever had to return two things, both times with very little fuss on their end. Once, they repaired free of charge, and the other was replaced with a brand new top of the range model. (Didn't have the receipt for one, but did for the other)

I worked in Ellis brighams a few years back and ME were the most frequent manufacturer to repair/replace any honest faults (not people blagging stuff). Go in and explain, and i'm sure they will be able to help.

Good luck, i'm sure they'll sort it for you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...