UKC

Replace re-chargeable battery likely cost

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Indy 12 Sep 2016
Got an Exposure Blaze that's around 3 years old and very well used that showing signs that the rechargeable battery is on its last legs.

Is it worth having the battery swapped out or should I just buy a new one?
Cheers
 Jack B 12 Sep 2016
In reply to Indy:

If you can work out how to open it up, it is very likely to be a standard Li-ion cell. If so, the cell will be cheap, it's just a matter of whether or not the light can be taken apart and re-assembled without special tools or glues.
 balmybaldwin 12 Sep 2016
In reply to Indy:

Can you not open it up your self? Would be very surprised if you couldn't find a replacement much cheaper than you'd be charged. have a look on youtube there's probably a video showing you how
 Dark-Cloud 12 Sep 2016
In reply to Indy:

I would talk to Exposure in the first place, they are normally very helpful (or were with me when i had an issue with a Maxx D) they will give you the options available
OP Indy 12 Sep 2016
In reply to Jack B:

It's machined aluminum and looks very likely to need a special tool to open so not really an option unfortunately.
OP Indy 12 Sep 2016
In reply to Dark-Cloud:
Will give them a call in the morning but experience leads me to believe that the cost will be at the very very top of what people are likely to want to pay before the think sod it and get a much cheaper different brand light. Example: the rubber band that attaches the light to the bike failed about 2 weeks ago. On enquiring the replacement cost was nearly £10 so am now using a couple of elastic bands curtesy of our postman. The top cap looks as if it's on it's last legs as well

Haven't had any trouble with exposure front lights but the Blaze has been Meh.... Which for a light costing £100 isn't good.
Post edited at 20:47
 Indus 12 Sep 2016
In reply to Indy:

Give the guys at mountain bike batteries a ring or look on there website, very helpful .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...